Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hello, gorgeous

I'm a firm believer that we all deserve someone in our lives who greets us like that. "Hello, gorgeous." It speaks volumes. It's at once affectionate and reassuring, especially when uttered at the gym when I've just suited up into my ugly black-and-cat-hair-colored yoga pants and green t-shirt.

"Hello, Gorgeous" says John from down the hall. He, having just come from the office, looks actively handsome, but finds me gorgeous. "Because you are," he tells me.

And he's not the only one. That's how Ryan answers the phone when I call. That's what Rae's been telling me since 1996. It's practically Amber's favorite nickname, and Shakespeare tells me all the time how much she loves my gorgeous face. Every now and then, when no one's around, I look in the mirror and say it.

I don't always believe it, but sometimes it's enough to know that you do. And for the record ... you're gorgeous, too.

1 comment:

jpb2525 said...

I am glad that I can help you realize the truth! And saying in the mirror is the best! And dang gone it - people like you!