Thursday, September 27, 2012

Scenes from a Hawaiian restaurant

With apologies to Billy Joel for the title of this post, I just want to let y'all know - in case I haven't been shouting it enough from the rooftops - that I'm leaving in a few days for Hawaii. While I'm there, I doubt most sincerely that I'll be updating the blog.

Instead, I'll be spending a day learning about the culture of the Polynesian islands. I'll tour Pearl Harbor and the Punchbowl Cemetery. I'll visit the Dole Pineapple Plantation, and take a helicopter tour. I'll run through Kapiolani Park and hike Diamond Head, try my luck on a stand-up paddleboard and float down a lazy river.

I will eat hula pie (and hope not to gain weight) and let myself be entranced by the island spirit.

There will be photos upon my return, but for the duration of my trip I will attempt to "unhook" a bit. So until mid-October, be well, and be good to yourself.

Aloha

No comments: