- Pumpkin pancakes. Even better when someone else makes them. Yes, the cook at iHop counts as "someone else."
- Trader Joe's Sea Salt Brownies. I promise this list won't only be food.
- All the people who call me their Aunt. There's only one blood nephew out there, but I'm Aunt Maggie, Margaret or Margot to a ton of kids (does Scoop count as a kid any more?) and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Billy Joel's greatest hits.
- My ankles.
- My car. I sold it - it's time - but I'm going to miss it. I'll be driving my sister's Jeep for a few months and then buying new (used) wheels.
- Talented friends. Come to think of it, I don't think I have a single friend who isn't talented. That's pretty awesome.
- Yoga. It's new to me, or should I say re-new. I've just begun a solid practice, and I have a wonderful teacher who continually reminds me that yoga is something we're always moving in the direction of ... we never completely reach it, or there is no more practice. I like that. And I think it applies to everything in life.
- Apple cider. The real stuff. The kind you can't see through. Anything else is just juice.
- My bed. It's like a little nest for sleeping, complete with fat fuzzy cat.
- Poetry. I can't write it very well, but reading it puts me in a very happy place.
- Squishy babies.
- Office supplies.
- The new shampoo Shakespeare gave my in my festive birthday bag. My hair smells delicious!
- My gym. Even if they are replacing the tile with more tile that looks just like the old tile.
- Weddings. When they're good, they're awesome, and there's something about weddings and babies that just shouts optimism.
- Steak, medium rare.
- Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
A few of my favorite things
Interestingly enough, "The Sound of Music" is not one of my favorite things. These, however, make the list every time: