Friday, April 17, 2009

Clever juxtaposition

I find it really rather beautiful that Isabel Rose Bathje, my newest niece, was born this morning at 4:45 ... the day after the fifth anniversary of losing Mom. (Again, she didn't wander off while shopping at Target; she's really most sincerely dead.)

Just another ride on this crazy roller-coaster we call life. One moment you're grieving over moments you'll never have with someone who left. The next, you're reminded that life goes on. That the universe is forever presenting to you people to love, opportunities to embrace and yes, babies to squish.

It's a little overwhelming sometimes, this love that comes at me from all directions. Sometimes I just have to stop and think about it, and remember to be smart enough to take it all in. Because it's a crazy ride, and I really don't want to miss a moment of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought her middle name was "Butt"?