Thursday, April 9, 2009

However many I write, whenever I write 'em

If the bra fits ...
Yeah, so, I've lost a few more pounds. And I realize this is way more information than you want, but I tried a smaller bra this week ... fits perfectly! Very exciting.

I think I can ...
I love taking the train, and I get to do it tonight! I'm hopping the train to Harvard, and I'm gonna relax and watch the world go by, maybe knit, maybe read ... who knows. I'm just pretty certain I'll have a blast. Then Amber will pick me up and I'll be in Lake Geneva until Saturday afternoon or evening (whenever Amber gets sick of me.) I'm so excited to have this awesome mini vacation!

All I need is the air that I breathe ...
I slept with the window open last night, nestled under quilts, cozy as can be. I love this time of year, when fresh air soothes the soul. It was a long winter, but this makes it all worth it.

Life, with a side of poverty ...
I've had to re-evaluate some of my plans as far as travel and summer fun. The new rule is pretty simple: stick close to home, take the train whenever possible, and spend only when necessary. Had to toss a bit more money at the car last week (Frank assures me we can keep it running, thank God!) and am working hard to keep ahead of my finances. It's actually going okay, because I've remembered this important bit of math: The train costs $12 round-trip either to Chicago or Harvard. The train to round-trip to Champaign is about $28, so I can still go see Matt Fear's show and catch up with Ryan. And the love? That's free. Doesn't cost me a penny to be with the people I love, and who love me back with such startling perfection it shocks and stuns me.

The most important meal ...
I've learned to love breakfast. Most of the time, it's either fresh fruit with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of granola, or oatmeal with fresh fruit mixed in. Delicious! Pretty soon, the farmer's market will be open, and fresh, local food will be in my kitchen every week. I can't wait!

About those mad ninja skills ...
I've survived two Strike! classes, and I can't wait for the third. The instructor, Alisa, is hysterical and awesome, and she encourages me every step of the way. Who knew muscle fatigue could feel this good?

My future's so bright ...
I bought sunglasses this week. Yes, I had to do it without Mike Rice's help. Tragedy! Actually, I think I chose pretty well. And for $9.99 at Target, I think I got a pretty stellar pair that make me look like I'm famous. If you disagree, just leave me to my delusions, okay?

Not much else to say ...
It's been a pretty quiet week in my life, actually. Just waiting for the weather to be consistently warm, for Cute Brian to return my calls, and to win the lottery. Other than that, life is good. It's fair to say that I miss you, I love you, and I hope to see you soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how can I judge you without pics?

maggie said...

Pix to come, I promise!