Monday, January 18, 2010

The most depressing day of the year?

With apologies to Bex and Matt who celebrate their seventh wedding anniversary today, when I saw that headline on MSN I just about broke a rib laughing. January 18, the most depressing day of the year.

It also happens to be the ex-husband's birthday. I think he's 40 today, though I'm not exactly sure. I'm also pretty sure he looks a lot older than that.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure if MSN took that into account when they christened today the most depressing, but I certainly enjoy the irony. Because while it may be a depressing day, I'm not really depressed at all. I have an amazing life and amazing friends and a future that, frankly, has a lot more going for it than it ever did before.

So here's to you, Chris. Happy birthday. Thanks for setting me free.

No comments: