Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

  1. I'm really tired. Usually, my alarm goes off at 6:30, and I tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen at around 7. This morning, I was up by 5:15, out the door by 6 a.m., so I could make it on time to ...
  2. My mammogram. You'll be happy to know, my boobs are photogenic and "normal." And here's the honest truth: It's uncomfortable, but it doesn't cause grave pain, like some would have you believe. It's a necessary evil, but well worth going through each year. Not unlike ...
  3. The dreaded Pap smear and annual physical. Had that today, too. Even had the doc check out all my moles and make sure there wasn't anything questionable going on. Got my flu shot (yes, it's late in the season, but Dr. K says it's still active, so now might be the smartest time to get it) and had her look at my ankle. Which hurts because ...
  4. I over-extended the tendon that runs along the top of my foot. I can't go to the gym until I'm 100 percent pain free. This does not make me happy. If I can't shake my groove thing, I worry my butt will expand.
  5. Dad made turkey and stuffing last Sunday, just because. So incredibly delicious. I could live on my father's stuffing.
  6. He also took me to lunch today, since my doc and mammo appointments were in his neck of the woods. There's very little in the world I enjoy more than eggs and hash browns at noon.
  7. I'm still looking for a car.
  8. I don't think it's wise to be passive-aggressive and immature on Facebook. Maybe one or the other, but not both.
  9. Olives in martinis are classic, but lately I've discovered the simple pleasure of a lemon twist. Oh, gin, you delight me.
  10. My dad used to sing "Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam, and I'll show you a house full of shit." It still makes me laugh, and ya know, he's got a point. If the buffalo roam in the house, you get what you get.

2 comments:

Becky said...

your dad is a great man! after making our first thanksgiving dinner last year we decided that sometime around May or so we're going to do the full spread again. can't wait!

glad to know that your boobies look good!

ابو خوخه said...


المثالية لتنظيف بالاحساء