Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

  1. It feels good to re-establish the routine. Last night was the first time I took a Strike! class at the gym in a long time. It is probably the toughest cardio workout in my repertoire, and last night I burned 681 calories during the one-hour class. I call it Ninja School, because it's kickboxing with weighted bars and weighted gloves; by the time the hour is over, I feel totally ninja. It's a great feeling to be able to complete the hour, and last night my instructor checked my heartrate monitor to see how many calories I'd burned. Then came the best part: she told me that in order to burn that many calories, I must have great muscle tone. It may be under several layers of other stuff, but I've got muscle, baby!
  2. A can of WD-40 would be a worthy investment. There is a crew in the office today building cubicles. Every time they bring a load of equipment in or out, they use these carts that sqeal like Flipper on crack. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
  3. I now officially hate car shopping. I had narrowed down my choice. I had done so much research my hair was starting to hurt. And then I called my mechanic, who advised me against the car I really want. Unless I can buy new - which I can't - he said no. I have to listen to him ... and now I'm back to the drawing board. I'm worn down and I'd settle for a roller skate at this point.
  4. I find Meryl Streep undeniably charming. I didn't like her for the longest time, but as she's begun to take herself less seriously, I've gravitated toward her a bit. Hers was the only acceptance speech I saw on the Golden Globes (because I don't do award shows but I was flipping channels,) and I loved it. Humble and grateful; that's class.
  5. I look really cute today. I was in a really good mood on the way to work, but with the way my day's going - computer crashing, construction noises and assorted other BS - I've gone from zero to cranky in less than 60 seconds. Stay beyond an arm's length if you know what's good for you.
  6. Sushi. I want some.
  7. Last weekend, I drove up to Lake Geneva. I didn't go for karaoke this time, and it was an incredibly relaxing and wonderful visit. I got my hair cut (it's all wild and curly now) and spent a lot of time just catching up with Amber. I miss that girl, and her critters, when I can't get up to visit as often as I'd like. Hopefully it won't be as long between visits now.
  8. I don't like grocery shopping. I used to, but lately it just seems to be a huge time-suck. See, toldja; I'm cranky.
  9. I'd really like to go back to school. Before too long, I'm going to have to move forward and just do it.
  10. I had plans for this weekend, and they got cancelled. I'm a little excited to have nothing to do, except I'll be continuing the Never-Ending Automobile Search. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Cars, for me, have always been an impulse purchase. I drive by the car lot, see something I like, and in 24 hours or less, it is mine. You should try it. It really reduces the stress and suckitude of the whole thing.