Tuesday, February 23, 2010

10 on Tuesday

Well, here we are again. Another Tuesday. So what's been going on?
  1. Let's Get Physical. Since I started wearing my heartrate monitor religiously (long about January 9,) I have intentionally burned 17, 785 calories. Yes, you read that correctly. I have spent 2,295 minutes working out, or roughly 38 and a half hours. It's no wonder I'm sore.
  2. The Lion Sleeps Tonight. And mostly on my head. I am the proud owner of the sweetest, dumbest cat in the universe. He is whiny. He eats all my food. It's not unlike being married, except he hasn't yet spent my money. And yet, at the end of the day when I curl up on my sofa and he curls up on his Maggie, all is right with my world.
  3. Beat it. Or that's what I'd like to do, anyway. We have this system at work for publishing to the Web. It was set up by another company. It works the way it's supposed to maybe 25 percent of the time. Therein lies my workday remorse. It makes me stabby.
  4. Take the Weather With You. It snowed Sunday night. Not nearly as badly as it had threatened to snow, but it snowed. And I'm still enjoying it! With every snowfall, I keep thinking it might be the last of the season, and it makes me a little melancholy. I'm enjoying winter this year. This new leaf was a good one to turn over.
  5. Bitch. There is a group of women - a small group, mind you - who insist on coming in to Salsa/Funk class early, before we've finished putting our equipment from Strictly Strength away. If I accidentally bruise one of them with a 15-pound body bar, it's not my fault.
  6. Bring Me Some Water. Not that I'm thirsty, mind you ... I'd just like to sit near a body of water and let a little time pass. Soon, the weather will turn warm, and I'll sit on my towel at Lake Geneva, or I'll find myself on Lake Michigan, and be one with the waves.
  7. Time Passes By. I've been feeling my age lately, missing the youthful talent I once had. We all get older, and it sure beats the alternative ... but sometimes, I miss the younger version of me.
  8. I Gotta Feelin'. And it more or less feels like I need to stretch. My quads and hip flexors are very tight, and my shoulders are knotty. I wish I could afford a massage every couple of weeks, but I will have to settle for a soak in the hot tub.
  9. Getting to Know You. I'm loving the Olympics. Not watching all that much, really - I caught the Opening Ceremonies, and I've seen a little skiing and skating, and of course the edge-of-your-seat action of curling. But what I've mostly enjoyed is when I catch the back story of the athletes, and I learn who they are and where they've come from. We've got some interesting people competing, and I've loved learning about their lives.
  10. Sky. This week, the forecast is pretty much gray until closer to the weekend. But we've seen more blue skies and sunlight in the past few weeks than we have since September, and it's a welcome change. Come on spring! I know you're out there! Welcome back!

No comments: