- Coffee first; then, face the day with a smile.
- Be loving and be kind. If you can manage that, you're way ahead of the pack.
- Don't listen to music that doesn't make you want to sing along, dance or smile.
- 80 percent of life is showing up. If you say you'll do something, follow through. Or learn to say "no" more often.
- If you practice gratititude, you'll discover you have more to be grateful for.
- Read the ingredients. Try to eat more "real" than "fake" food. Your body deserves it.
- Laugh. Especially at yourself.
- Spend time around people who inspire you.
- Take naps.
- Learn something new every day.
- Leave your work at the office whenever possible.
- Let people in at the merge. It won't kill you.
- Drink more water.
- Stop wishing for things you don't have or, worse yet, a life that isn't yours. Love what you have. Be joyful right where you are. Joy begets joy.
- Choose awesome.
- Enjoy something artistic as often as possible. See a play, read poetry, visit a museum. It feels indulgent, and it's often a great bargain.
- Develop your sense of wonder.
- And above all else, be your own priority, because you matter ... to me, and to a whole lot of others.
Friday, February 19, 2010
The bylaws originated years ago, when a bunch of us decided we needed rules to govern our semi-nutty behavior. As life has moved forward, so have the bylaws. Here are mine, as of today: