Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's been quite a week

I have never been quite so happy for Friday to come along. This week has absolutely kicked my ass. Anything that could possibly have gone wrong, has gone wrong. Some things that could not have gone wrong went wrong just to spite me.

Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.

And yet, I'm still smiling. I took my lumps - and there were plenty. As I told a co-worker this morning, there's plenty of room on the blame train for all of us, so let's just get on, ride to the next station, and leave the damn thing behind us.

Suffice it to say that I'm exhausted, and there's no real end in sight. Until maybe July-ish.

The best part is, even through the mayhem, I've kept my sense of humor. I've listened to good music, taken my lunchtime walks and left work on time every day but one. I've made it to the gym for all my regular classes. And today, co-worker Lisa and I walked to Dairy Queen at lunchtime. There's something quite decadent about eating ice cream in the middle of one's mid-day workout, don't you think?

I'm not saying it hasn't been a challenge. Au contraire, mon cher ... it's been moment to moment sometimes, in this quest to Choose Awesome. But I've done okay. And there's only one day left! I can see Friday from here, and I'm pretty damn happy about that.

No comments: