Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ten on Wednesday, July 21

  1. It's sort of like Tuesday to me, because I took Monday off. I treated my Godson, Ross, to an "Aunt Maggie Day". We went miniature golfing (36 holes in 90-degree temps; crazy!), had lunch at Steak & Shake, and then saw The Karate Kid. It was a great day. I got to spend it with a truly awesome young man, and feel a little like a kid again, myself. (The movie, by the way, was thoroughly enjoyable. I kinda want to take kung fu now.)
  2. Last night at the gym, a woman I know but don't see often stopped me. "You're wearing pink," she said. Why yes, yes I was. "It looks different. You look different. Your body; it's changing." I think she meant it in a nice way. "I only see you every few weeks, see," she continued. "I notice." Then today at the office, someone said, "You walk almost every day, don't you?" And yes, I do - even when it's sweltering. "You're losing weight." Well, not sure if the scale agrees, but here's hoping!
  3. Tomorrow morning - that's Thursday, July 22 - at 8:30, I will see the doctor and learn the results of my MRI. I'm really hoping it's nothing major, and we can clear it up simply and as painlessly as possible. To be honest, I don't know if I'm up for surgery right now. Guess I'll have to see what the word is ... and try not to panic in the meanwhile.
  4. I had Chuckles today for a snack. Fat free and delicious!
  5. I have every song on my iPod on shuffle. You wouldn't believe how much Christmas music comes up in an eight-hour workday!
  6. The family got together for July birthday dinner (that would be both Pat and Jenn) on Sunday. It was great to see my sisters, brother and of course, Dad. It was a delightful evening of good food, many laughs, and only a few times when I just had to let shit go. If only the eight of us hadn't been squished onto a table more suited for six, it probably would have been perfect.
  7. I am as overscheduled as the child of a yuppy couple these days. It's not forever, though, so I'm pretty sure I'll pull through.
  8. I would like a new pair of shoes. I'm going to pay my student loan instead.
  9. Doing things because we always do them just isn't a good enough reason for me.
  10. Every now and then, I go through my Facebook friends and weed people out. People who are always trying to sell me something, people who are mean, people who provide nothing but a constant barrage of ignorance ... gone. If I still show up on your News Feed, it's not you. ;)

No comments: