Tuesday, November 9, 2010

10 on Tuesday, November 9

1. I'm a runner. For a long time, I thought I couldn't use that title, because I have yet to run an entire 5k without taking a break to walk. But I have to admit it: I am a runner. I even smile when I run. (To be fair, I smiled because there was a camera there. Normally, I think I look like I'm dying a slow death while I run.)

2. That photo, for those who don't know, was taken at the Hot Chocolate 5K last Saturday. It was awesome. Beautiful day on the Chicago lakefront, if a bit chilly (at 21 degrees Fahrenheit when we woke up at 6 a.m.) And I did it, running most of the way. The next race? December 4 in Arlington Heights.

3. There are only 11 get-ups until Thanksgiving. There are only 9 get-ups until Mike, Racheal and Kaylee come visit. Damn, I'm gonna need to clean.

4. I really hate it when I ask a question and get a response, but not an answer. I'm generally pretty clear (believe it or not) so I'd kinda like the occasional answer, please. Thank you.

5. Last Saturday night was my sister Kathie's 50th birthday party, at Luigi's House. My dad told me the party was at Key Wester. Yes, he thinks he's funny. (I caught on because I know Key Wester has closed; try harder next time, will ya?)

6. My knee is a little tender today, but it made it all the way through the race happily and without incident. Let's hope this is a trend!

7. It's in the upper 60s here in Chicagoland, and I'm loving it. So far, autumn has been perfect. Some chilly days, some downright cold days, and then days like this. True Indian summer, folks ... enjoy it while it lasts.

8. Of course, the fact that it's dark when I leave work now sorta cuts into my enjoyment of the weather. I'd like to go for a run, but it's dark. Must invest in some reflective gear.

9. I need a haircut. That means I need to go to Wisconsin ... and I don't know when I'm going to have time to do that! Calgon, take me away.

10. I am so looking forward to the holidays ... mostly because between Thanksgiving and the new year, I have 11 weekdays when I'm not working. Between vacation and holidays, I'm getting a much-needed break. A little time to breathe ... is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Janie said...

You look good Girl!