Thursday, August 25, 2011

I have not been ignoring you

It has been a busy summer! And yet here we are at four months 'til Christmas. (Yes, I know, I'm weird.) Lots going on, lots of fun to be had, and we're gonna keep it going for awhile.

Last weekend was comfortably balanced. I spent a little time alone, a little time with my dad and bro, a little time with friends, and an entire day at the pool with my sister. Near perfect, for sure. While I would give just about anything to have an entire day to myself with nothing to do but putter around Casa Maggie, I'm not complaining. It has been wonderful and, dare I say, fulfilling to have a summer like this one.

I've been consistent with running over the last few weeks, too, which is leaving me feeling somewhat ready to start preparing for the half marathon in February, and also a little nervous about the 15K in November. My mantra? "I just want to finish."

I have a training plan. I will get there. Interestingly enough, the exciting new development is that I have an airline ticket. First, my sister Kathie booked our rooms. Then, I registered for the race. Yesterday, my sister Jenn booked our flights. Ladies and gentlemen, I'M GOIN' TO DISNEY WORLD and I'm gonna run 13.1 miles while I'm there.

I can't wait, and yet I'm glad I have to wait. Lots of training to do in the coming months, and I'm concentrating on proper running form so I don't get injured. Eyes on the prize, folks.

And naturally there are lots of fun things coming up in the next few weeks, too. This weekend I'm heading up to Lake Geneva after running a 5K. There is boat time on the schedule; woo-hoo! Next weekend is, of course, BirthdayFest, which includes another 5K and probably a meal with the family, plus time with Linda's visiting family as well. Hopefully some much needed rest will happen then, too.

At any rate, life has been a bit of a whirlwind of late. I'm looking forward to what lies ahead ... but I really want a nap.

No comments: