Thursday, December 11, 2008

In a funk

Yeah, that's me. I'm in a funk. Maybe it's the snow, the barometric pressure, the fact that winter's here and stretches on ad infinitum ... I dunno what it is, but it's got me in its grasp and it's shaking me up.

NEVER SHAKE A MAGGIE!

So I'm trying to counteract it. I'm going to the gym even when I'd sincerely rather not. I'm trying to get a decent amount of sleep even though lately insomnia has been cuddling up to me a little too closely. I'm buying good, fresh, real food and preparing it myself (you should've seen last night's pork chop) and spending time doing what I love.

In short, I'm doing whatever I can to bring on the funkectomy. But until it's gone, bear with me.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I have two words for you: LIGHT THERAPY. I take my Seasonal Affective Disorder very seriously (because my life would fall apart if I didn't) and light therapy has worked miracles. Lightboxes are expensive but if you have flexible healthcare spending, you can use that to pay for it. Plus, what's a couple hundred dollars if it means staying happy all winter?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... I honestly never considered that I might actually have SAD! You're pretty smart, ya know that? I will check out the lightboxes.

It doesn't hurt to know that we have a post-holiday knitfest to look forward to!

Thanks, Alissa (note that I care enough not to call you by your "other" name!) Your advice is both thoughtful and wise.

Alissa said...

I appreciate you calling me by my birth name and not my Maggie-given nickname :) I am SO looking forward to our knitfest because it will give me a chance to make something pretty for myself! I love my family and all but I am tired of making prettiness for everyone else! I want some pretty for ME!