- I can tolerate anything but ignorance. Stupidity I can handle, because the stupid lack the capacity to learn. But ignorant people could do better, and they simply choose not to.
- Spin class is my knees' new favorite activity. It helps build my leg muscles, puts very little strain on the knees (as long as I'm concentrating on my form) and keeps me in constant motion for a full hour so I torch a metric shit-ton of calories. Sweet!
- Thank heaven Dad loaned me his hold space heater a few years ago. My apartment has been about 62 degrees at night for the past several nights, because my landlord is a jerkweasel who won't turn on the heat until he legally has to. I stay cozy, thanks to the space heater, and Jenn's gift of an electric mattress pad.
- I run slowly. But I do run. And stumble. And limp. And complain. I'll be doing all of that on November 6, during the Hot Chocolate 5k in Grant Park. It's a 5k (duh) run (there's also a 15k), followed by a chocolate party. Holler.
- This is my second year embracing autumn. It's working out very well for me. One of the sweetest outcomes of my divorce is re-discovering my ability to be happy, no matter my circumstances. He hated the cold, and it rubbed off on me ... but now, it's not such a tragedy. It's just autumn.
- I think the American workday should include a siesta.
- My friends amaze me. Their generosity of spirit just overwhelms me sometimes. Whether it's Linda providing me with the nutritional supplement that helps my knees, or Rebekah emptying her closet of sweaters she doesn't wear (but are totally my style!), or the simple things like a family member checking in with me (and wanting to do the Hot Chocolate run with me - yay Kathie!), or my sister Jenn giving me potatoes (and anything else I can sneak into my bag when she's not looking )or the countless other ways love just pours out - it just means I am incredibly fortunate.
- My skin is showing its age. I think I have new wrinkles under my eyes, and can we talk about those creases at the corners of my mouth? Can this be fixed? Or slowed down? Or am I just meant to let my face become a roadmap?
- I love that Patrick calls me whenever he has a trivia question to which he doesn't know the answer. It keeps us connected ... mostly because my mind is a vessel filled with minutia.
- I really wish I knew how to play the guitar.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Ten on Tuesday, September 28