Thursday, August 23, 2007

The perfect day

It's raining right now. I mean really raining. I think I just saw two of every animal heading down Foster Ave.

Which got me thinkin' ... this would be the perfect afternoon if I were at home in my jammies, reading a book and maybe drinking some lovely herbal tea, with a fat cat curled up at my feet and the other one perched on the back of the couch, purring in my ear.

I have lots of ideas of what makes the perfect day. Sun, beach, rolling waves and Coppertone. Snow, good boots, a pretty sweater, a warm coat and a friend to walk with (or a hunky fella to warm me after.) Sunday mornings in bed with coffee (and perhaps same hunky fella) and cinnamon rolls. In the woods with a fire and sticks and marshmallows and good friends and comfy chairs. A crisp fall day picking apples followed by making apple pie.

What's your idea of a perfect day?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what I thought a perfect day was, I have revised and I don't have it all solid in my head or heart yet, so I will tell you when I do.

I do know that any day where I get to talk with you is better than when I don't.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! That was sweeter than sweet, and put a big nutty smile on my face.

NashvilleSinger said...

I think the perfect day for me, is defined by waking up and realizing I am still alive...
But then, 3 seconds later when I realize my back hurts because I slept wrong and I have to get up and go clean all day and then come home to this zoo and 4 yr old called "my husband chris" and clean the house, pick up dog shit cause the old dogs are old and have accidents and sometimes step in it and make poop prints on the wood floors which then i have to completely wash.. Oh and then go into my comp room which is my "shrine" and see that the cats have knocked everything off my desk and puked on my keyboard...

Then I realize that perfection in any day is just too hard to strive for. I just wanna go back to bed and sleep!

Anonymous said...

My perfect day would include each of my friends having a perfect day, knowing they were loved, feeling secure in their relationships. I would like all of my friends' work to be appreciated, spouses to show them they matter, children to be safe, and lives to be content.

Then, I think my day would be perfect.