Friday, January 11, 2008

Evaluation

I was reprimanded by Kelly today because I hadn't updated the blog in a couple of days. I was actually waiting until I was ready to blog the vacation, but since Miss Impatient Pants can't wait, here goes.

Remember 2006? That was the year I spent jobless. Well, not technically - I had a part-time gig that paid some of the bills, but it was a rough, hard year. My husband stopped wanting to be my husband, my career was a distant memory, and I was lost.

In January of 2007, I began the job I now enjoy, as a writer with an undisclosed company. (Yes, the name is bold, lower case. Usually in Helvetica Neue.) I've been hear a year and three days, and I still love my job. And the best part? They love me, too.

Yesterday, I had my evaluation. I got a raise, which is always nice, but the best part to me was reading the comments my manager wrote. Here's a sampling:
  • Maggie picked up the direct selling writing style more quickly than any other writer I have worked with. She isn't afraid to ask questions and request resources as needed.
  • She is willing to do whatever it takes to finish an assignment on time.
  • Maggie is diligent in making sure that her copy is accurate, and she consistently proofreads to double-check her work.
  • Maggie takes great pride in her writing, and that shines through in her work. She consistently writes copy of very high quality that fits the audience and meets the objectives of the project.
  • She easily puts herself into the shoes of our Advisors and anticipates their needs. The copy for our monthly newesletters gets better with each passing month.
Isn't that wonderful? I love my work, I love the people I work with, I love feeling appreciated ... but most of all, I love being employed!

No comments: