Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A rare yet sucky day in Maggie's World

I should feel lucky. After all, I'm still somewhat fresh from a terrific vacation. I have a job that I truly enjoy. I have friends who add a great deal of happiness to my life.

But right now, I really need someone to cut me a break.

I've been having car issues. I love my car, he has never let me down before, but lately he's been a little hot and bothered. And everytime the "check gauges" light comes on, it's like a huge shot of adrenaline straight to my heart. I cannot afford major repairs. Hell, I can't afford minor repairs until Thursday, which is payday.

For the past two days, on my way to work, it has overheated. We thought we'd solved this problem with a new thermostat back in November, but no such luck. Dammit. So I pull over, put in anti-freeze, and continue on my merry way. It just HAS to hold out until Thursday.

But it's not only that. This morning, I made coffee. And proceeded to leave it in my kitchen. I've had a headache for about 24 hours, and lack of caffeine really isn't helping. And I'm dizzy. When I got out of bed this morning, I almost took a header into the window.

This is just not shaping up to be a great day.

On the up side, I look really cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the radiator additive?

I will tell you what it's called tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Dear trying,

The only thing I've tried is coolant, and hopefully the mechanic will make it all better on Thursday when I can have it looked at. But thanks for trying to be helpful! I have the coolest friends ever.