Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 on Tuesday, August 10

Lots going on. Lots on my mind. Guess it's time to get it all down in writing, huh?
  1. There is no better feeling in the world to me than completely nailing a song, and I did that on Saturday night. In the second show of the Summer Showcase, I served up a rendition of "When You're Good to Mama" that gave me chills. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, buckle up.
  2. I met some incredibly kind and talented people during rehearsals and performances of the Summer Showcase. This is by far the most amazing cast I've ever worked with. Everyone brought their A-game, and yet they were incredibly humble and kind. What a treat.
  3. Therapy is going okay. Today, my left glute feels like someone is stabbing it constantly with an icepick. Oh, muscles ... why must you speak so loudly?
  4. Sleep and I are not getting along. Sunday night, I think it was because I wasn't at home, so I was out of sorts. Then Monday night, I'm all cuddled up in bed and ... watching ... the ... clock. Sleep kept blowing me off. I'm over-tired, and my body is just not cooperating with me. Soon, I will curl up and find the happy. I hope! Tonight I'm planning to go to the gym and just get myself tuckered out. Then it'll be home, bath and zzzzzzzzzzz ...
  5. I have not had a good hair day since June. Ahhhh, humidity.
  6. I am not as foolish or forgiving as I once was.
  7. Venetian Fest in Lake Geneva is coming up in a few weeks. I think I'm going to take a long weekend and head up there. And maybe go up again over Labor Day weekend. I need to sneak myself a little vacation, somehow. Either that, or save it for the end of the year and just take December off.
  8. My stapler is really heavy. I believe in weaponized office supplies.
  9. I have still not given myself a pedicure since the Muddy Buddy. That is at the top of my "Things to Do This Weekend" list. Well, that and go to the gym Saturday morning (I've missed my routine!) and possibly take myself to see Eat, Pray, Love. No, I'm not above taking myself out on a date. I may treat myself to dinner, too.
  10. I was so looking forward to life slowing down this week. Now that it's happened, I'm a little sad. Wrapping two shows in the same weekend left me with a bit of a hole, and I don't want to fill it with chocolate, so I think I'll try yoga. Again. Seems like a healthy alternative, no?

No comments: