Tuesday, August 17, 2010

10 on Tuesday, August 17

  1. August 17. Really? Kids are already beginning to head back to school. All my friends who are teachers are bemoaning the end of summer. How quickly it slips from our grasp!
  2. My friend Angelicque celebrated her 40th birthday by throwing a big party, complete with yummy food, lots of friends and family, and the funkiest cake known to man. She also invited a lot of mosquitoes, and one of them bit me. On my big toe. Yes, I'm bitter about that. But not about the pasta; oh, sweet Lord, the pasta.
  3. Me and Angelicque, as the party began to wind down.

  4. I graduated physical therapy. I am not "done" by any means, but I had my last appointment today. There is still a lot of homework I'll have to do to stay on the road to healthy knees, but I'm on my way. A little nervous, but I think this might have been a turning point. That being said, I will be very glad not to have to get up at 4:30 a.m. any more to make it to a 6:30 a.m. appointment in Aurora. Makes for very long days!
  5. I ate three tomatoes grown in my little container garden. May not seem like a huge accomplishment, but it's a big deal to me! They were delicious. I love that I just had to walk downstairs and pick them, slice them up and chomp. Divine!
  6. This weekend, I will be attending a going-away party for my friend Tim, who is heading back to Korea to teach. I don't see him very often, but I will miss him very much. The best part is, this means I will be in Lake Geneva for Venetian Fest - great fireworks, and maybe even a corn dog! Woot!
  7. Tomorrow night is tapas with my theater friends. Tony actually found a place that serves all-you-can-eat tapas for $19.95 per person. Considering the fact that my share of a tapas dinner generally comes to about $60, this is a bargain. They may regret offering me this deal.
  8. I want a massage. Actually, I would really like a full day at a spa - massage, pedicure, facial, maybe a yummy salt scrub. Alas ... poverty.
  9. Totally love having cable. I've been watching a few shows with the "On Demand" feature, and I totally love Psych (seriously, could Dule Hill be any cuter?) and Drop Dead Diva. Can't get too crazy, now - I'm not the type of person to sit and watch for hours - but I must admit, it's nice to come home and just relax for an hour at night, have a few laughs and be entertained.
  10. With the weather cooler this week (meaning, not 90 degrees and humid) I may bake something. Doesn't banana bread sound good?
  11. I'm intensely grateful for my friends and family. Sometimes life feels tough, and I just need to cry and flail, or sit on my pity pot, or mope. Sometimes, it's all three. And you let me, as long as I need to. Then, you help me up and push me forward. It's good, knowing you're there, with all that faith in me and stuff. I'm a lucky girl.

No comments: