Tuesday, July 24, 2007

So much time, so little to do...scratch that, reverse it

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'...into the future.

Five months from today is my favorite day of the year, Christmas Eve. And here I am nearing the end of July, coming to the harsh realization that summer is slipping away. There are still tons of things on my summer to-do list, so I guess I'll have to get moving on them. Care to join me for a lazy Saturday on the beach, elephant ears at a festival, napping outside or a margarita on the balcony? Just let me know - the more, the merrier!

So now I'm back at the office after my vacation. It was more a respite from reality than a vacation, and it came with it's very own reality check, which was not part of the plan but hey, girl is flexible. I ended up returning home early after a phone call from the landlady, telling me the cats were being unusually vocal.

You would be, too, if you were locked in a closet for 56 hours.

For the most part, I enjoyed Karaoke Friday, especially because Mom Terry and Kelly's Mary were there. Got a little dicey inside the dark and twisty world that is my head, but I got through it. With the help of massive amounts of sleep, knowing who to call when I need to cry at 1 a.m., getting all the bad stuff down on paper and an impromptu afternoon laying in the grass. The combination of good friends and honesty does wonders for healing the soul.

No comments: