Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Birthday (revised)

Last night, my friend Brian called me with his feet in the Gulf of Mexico. I got to hear the waves slosh over his feet. (It doesn't hurt that he has really cute feet.)

It started off a pretty awesome birthday.

So far, it doesn't seem to be letting up.

I may be old, but at least I'm happy!

Update from the actual birthday...

Posted 9/6/2007
So yesterday was the actual birthday. I don't feel any older today, though. I think that's okay. I'm taking the entire month to celebrate. It's the least I should do, don't you think?

Last night, I worked a little late and then went to see my dad. We had a wonderful visit, made even better with brats, beans and potato salad. I love leftovers at Dad's house. We talked a lot. He's the only person alive right now who was there when I got born, so his memories are a true treasure.

He sent me home with a care package - food and toilet paper. You know, the stuff ya really can't live without.

Leaving the house I grew up in, I felt a pang of meloncholy. But I resisted the urge to call Christopher. Even though yesterday was the sixth anniversary of my one and only walk down the aisle, I did not get sappy and let him know I was sentimental. Score one for the aging divorcee.

I ended the evening with a long bath in my awesome tub (have I told you how much I love my bathroom?) complete with music playing and ice cold beer. Which I picked up before the power went off at the bank and it ate my debit card. True story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever.

Old.

Not even when you're 90.

Anonymous said...

Music was playing an ice cold beer?

Maggie said...

AND. Although if the music could play beer, that would be exceptional.