Saturday, September 22, 2007

Kate, revisited

I love Kate.

She is a delightful trainer, and probably just the right person to be working with me. She did not get umcomfortable when I cried when she asked me what happened between when I was in shape 10 years ago and now. She made me feel like wellness is not out of my reach. She helped me see that I didn't get into this overnight, so I can't really expect to get out of it overnight, either.

And she got my ass moving.

I took a yoga class, I worked 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer, I treaded the mill ... and after that, I wrapped myself in a lovely towel and sauna-ed myself until I felt like a lady of leisure.

It felt good. I'm grateful for Kate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO HOW OLD IS YOUR BODY???

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry...my body is old. Older than I'd care to print. You'll have to ask me privately!