Monday, December 31, 2007

525,600 minutes

How do you measure a year?

Like the song says (and you know this if you know the musical "Rent") there are 525,600 minutes in a year. But we all tend to measure time in different ways, at different times.

Looking back at 2007, I think I will measure it by ...

Hugs
Water fights
Curtain calls
Cinammon rolls
Tears
Snowstorms
Unexpected kisses
Movies
Naps
Get-ups
Belly laughs
Pedicures
Bruises
Connections
Tamales
Coffee
Ninjas
Successes
Failures
Arguments
Miunderstandings
Opportunities
Ninth-grade nights

No doubt there are more, units of measure I can't recall now. But as I sit here, looking out at the possibilities of 2008, I am hopeful and a little bit scared. And yet, that's not gonna stop me from plunging headlong into what may be. 2007 was good to me, and I hope it was to you, too. So raise a glass, or a coffee cup, or a chocolate chip muffin, and together let's bid 2007 adieu as we welcome 2008 and everything it has to offer.

May we look back in 527,040 minutes (2008's a leap year) in gratitude for one another, joy for having shared another year together, and anticipation of what comes next. Salud!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you.

Unknown said...

There weren't nearly enough cinnamon rolls in 2007.

Make more.

Anonymous said...

Good point, Rice. I'll get right on that. Should I ship 'em to Tucson, or just make 'em in your kitchen?

Love and miss you guys.

Unknown said...

You know my kitchen is always open.