Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Wishes

It's Christmas. Today was full of memories, old and new. I can't remember the last time I was awake at dawn surrounded by children eagerly anticipating the discovery of what Santa left for them. Along with celebrating with the kids, and acting like one myself, I enjoyed lots of hugs, cinammon rolls, my favorite cookies that I haven't had since Mom died (one of my sisters found the recipe) and a feud-free holiday.

And so, in keeping with the joy of the day, I thought I would share with you my Christmas wishes.

May you know that you are loved, that your friendship brightens my days and makes me smile. May you grow to love me more and love me, anyway, as I am sure to grow in love for you.

May I be a blessing to your life, and may you know you are a blessing in mine.

May you be fulfilled in your work, in your relationships, and in life.

May optimism outweigh pessimism. May laughter outweigh tears. May you find beatiful shoes on sale, in your size.

But most of all, may hugs be abundant, kisses be meaningful, support be felt, imagination be nourished, your soul be fed and your heart be full.

Merry Christmas. May the hope of this season live within you throughout the coming year.

No comments: