Thursday, December 6, 2007

I've learned ...

  • family has nothing to do with blood
  • some people are dependable, some are not, and it's important to know the difference
  • Kelly is my person, and it's supposed to be that way
  • love expands like a rubber band; the further away you go, the stronger you feel it
  • that first sip of coffee is my favorite moment of almost every day
  • I can still hurt for the people who have hurt me beyond description
  • a genuine smile is much more beautiful than a phony one
  • people who tell you "God only gives you what you can handle" truly deserve a kick in the ass
  • I can get past it, but I may never be over it
  • low self esteem and the need for someone else to make you happy often go hand in hand
  • the power to hurt deeply is part of the package deal of loving deeply
  • a dog's wet nose in the palm of your hand can cure almost anything
  • to love is to risk honesty
  • regrets are a waste of time
  • sometimes, you have to let go
  • trust is easily given, easily broken, and difficult to regain
  • yes is more fun than no

No comments: