Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Wrapping

Do you know the song? It's one of the few Christmas songs that Christopher actually enjoyed - circa 1981, by The Waitresses. I love the song - it's just very playful.

So imagine how much it tickled me when my favorite ex-wife-in-law (that would be Elaina, Christopher's first wife) called and left me a message that went something like this:

I just heard a little Christmas song that reminded me of you, I don't know if you're familiar with it - Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses? Well, it made me think of you and then it made me chuckle so I had to call. What if you there's this fabulous guy who just happens to hold dual citizenship in some fabulous country where you can travel all year long ... and you meet, over the cranberry sauce.


I saved the message. It makes me smile. Because, hey, if it's good enough for an 80's Christmas tune, it's good enough for me.

So deck those halls, trim those trees
Raise up cups of Christmas cheer,
I just need to catch my breath,
Christmas by myself this year
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
Couldn't miss this one this year!

No comments: