Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's all downhill after breakfast with Keith Richards

Okay, so not really. No breakfast with Keith Richards, thank God. But the day started out pretty ugly, so Keith comes to mind. How do you come back from that?

Well, if you're me - and I realize you're not, but just come along for the ride - you head into Chicago to get a dose of some pretty amazing people who love you, no matter what.

Today, I met Koen Alexander Rand. That little guy completely stole my heart, and I really don't want it back. Diane and Justin's family grew from four to five, and I was lucky enough to get a little playtime with each of the kids, a little yarn shopping with Di, and some good-natured pokes at my favorite lawyer, the singular sensation known as Justin "Meat" Rand.

I got to see Eva's new tap shoes and Aidan's stuffed monkey and listen to Koen coo and holler, and there's no way I would have rather spent the day. I wasn't ready to leave when it was time to leave. I miss their hugs and love already.
Aidan, being Aidan. Sneak peek of Koen in the lower right-hand corner. Sweet!
Eva. This girl is a piece of work. She took time out from artwork to hang with us.
Koen and Diane. He's so funny and adorable, he cracks me up! Diane is, naturally, one of the most beautiful women on the planet. I'm not sure how she does it, but it sure as hell pisses me off.
I just love his expressions! The only thing I really don't like about this picture is that I'm in it, but nobody's looking at me, anyway, they're looking at that awesome little bundle of wiggles and gurgles.

No comments: