Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sore muscles, barbecue and two lousy points

It's Thursday, and my body is still aching from Monday night's workout. Hip-Hop found me on the floor for some of the choreography, and I dunno if you noticed, but I'm not as young as I once was. Anyhoo, I came, I saw, I danced ... and I have the pain to prove it. Thank God for Advil Liquigels. They really do work fast.

The pain didn't stop me from tearing up the elliptical trainer last night, and it won't stop me from going to Salsa tonight. So there. Bring it, muscle soreness. I know where the hot tub is.

So when I got home from the gym last night, I was eternally grateful that I'd gone grocery shopping on Tuesday, because the smell of chicken barbecue tickled my nose from the bottom of the stairs. I'm a semi-decent cook all the time, but there are some things I make that completely rock. Barbecue sauce is one of them. And when you cook up the sauce and throw some into a slow cooker with chicken breasts and let it cook all day, it shreds itself if you speak to it sternly. Served with really good buns, it was delicious last night for dinner. It was delicious today for lunch, served with a lovely green salad. It will be lovely for as long as it's in my refrigerator. I impressed myself.

I did not, however, impress myself in my latest Scrabble game against Mike Rice. He beat me by two lousy points. Two lousy points! After scoring two bingos, he still beat me. I remain proud of my comeback style, never giving up and attempting to claw my way back on to the board, but in the end, Design Boy still beat Word Girl by two points.

Two. Lousy. Points.


The Scrabble board is a wicked mistress.

No comments: