Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

  1. In less than two weeks I will be in Tucson! It can't come quickly enough; winter is really starting to get on my nerves. It is so cold at my desk I'm pretty sure I'm never going to be warm again. At least not in Illinois.
  2. While in Tucson, I will enjoy the company of two of my favorite ladies - Kaylee and Racheal. I will not, however, enjoy the company of my "brother," Mike, who is wisely leaving town. I'm going to pretend we planned it this way on purpose, to give us some "girl time."
  3. I had a wonderful and disastrous weekend. Lets see ... lots of friends, a fair amount of foolishness, delicious breakfast, cuddling with a baby, hanging gorgeous art, playing with princesses (no, I don't mean Kelly and Amber,) making grilled cheese, great music, good Scotch - what's to complain about? My tendency to not keep my big mouth shut, risky conversations, tears and consonants, that's what.
  4. My bathtub is clogged. The foaming pipe snake mocks me.
  5. I was talking to my friend Eric last night and he tells me when he reads the blog, he understands that I have an apartment, but he doesn't know why. I'm always out with friends or at the gym dancing in the pool or some such other thing. Which is kinda true. But here's the thing: The away-from-home stuff is what I write about. If it weren't - if I just blogged about the day-to-day life at home, it would go something like this: Today, I woke up and went to work. While I was there, I wanted to throttle my whiny co-worker and considered it an accomplishment when I didn't. After I got home, I ate food, sat on the couch and knitted while a DVD played in the background. Really, who wants to read that?
  6. But honestly, that's pretty much what I did last night. I didn't feel up to the gym, so I went home and made pasta with meat sauce, played on the computer a bit, and then worked on Amber's Christmas present. I hope she thinks it was worth waiting for.
  7. Remember back in November when I started working on a novel for National Novel Writing Month? Yeah, that didn't go as well as I'd planned. But I'm still rolling on it. Sometimes it sits for awhile before I pick it back up again, but it isn't dead or dying. The people and events of my life inspire me to create stuff. I like that.
  8. I have not slept well for the past few nights. It's getting sort of old. I really like my sleep, and if you ask anyone who knows me, they'll tell you they like my sleep, too. Without it, I am pretty much a bitch on wheels. Let's face it ... even with my full eight hours, I can be a bit of a pill. But without it? Stand back. WAY back. So I'm hoping tonight is a good night for sleeping.
  9. One of my favorite things in my worklife is writing something, having it go through the approval process, and having it come back with little or no red ink. That's happening a lot these days. It feels good.
  10. Looks like Shakespeare and I picked a pretty good weekend to head to Lake Geneva. No snow in the forecast, and a near heatwave, with temps predicted to be in the 30s! I'm looking forward to fun times with friends.

No comments: