Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

  1. Crap, it's Tuesday. The week passed pretty darned quickly. I'd better come up with something to say, and quickly.
  2. I don't believe in love at first sight. I do, however, believe in love at third beer. Which is why I don't drink. Anymore.
  3. I went to the gym last night and made it to the lockers before I realized I didn't have shoes. I've decided to be gracious with myself and just let it go, but damn, I did miss dancing. Have no fear: I have everything I need for tonight's workout.
  4. I hate Post-It Notes. They are unauthorized, floating pieces of paper that serve no purpose other than to annoy me. Anything I need to know is written in my planner. Anyone who hands me something on a Post-It and expects me to remember it really needs to reconsider whether this is a realistic expectation or not.
  5. I am trying really hard to not hate on the Midwest, but right now we're in the middle of yet another snowy period with sub-zero temps and windchills mixed in for the fun of it. Why don't humans hibernate? Life would be much better if I didn't have to come out until March.
  6. Sometimes you call your fake stepmother about mittens and you end up getting meaningful career advice just when you need it.
  7. The cat has developed a limp. Sometimes it's worse than others, so I'm thinking it's arthritis. Great, now I have everything. The only thing I was missing was the arthritic cat.
  8. I think I left my earphones and my flying monkey in Jacksonville. My life is unfulfilled without them.
  9. Does anyone ever look into third-floor windows? I don't think so, because if they did, someone probably would have carted me off to the nearest loony bin. I dance in my apartment. Fully clothed, thank you, but still ... alone at Chez Mags there is an almost daily dance festival. I sometimes wonder if anyone notices. I mostly don't give a damn.
  10. I wish my life away. During the week, I count the days until Friday. During the winter, I count the days until summer. I need to knock it off, because life is too short to wish it away. So, hey - yay! It's Tuesday! Let's enjoy the whole of Tuesday!

No comments: