Monday, May 26, 2008

Breakfast

There's nothing like waking up to a marching band. Once I figured out it was just the Memorial Day Parade, and not a drum and bugle corps warming up in my bathroom, I got up to sit by my window and enjoy a little breakfast and java.

Pictured here is the last amazing blueberry chocolate chip scone, courtesy of one Janie Early of Hermiston, OR. Janie knows the way to my heart is via my tastebuds, and she never disappoints. The beautiful green rose coffee mug is part of a set of four, also from the Early family. So the universe has Janie, Chris and Liam to thank for the fact that I am somewhat awake and coherent today.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Or, since it's May 26, happy my dead mother's birthday. Whatever you're celebrating, do it with a smile on your face and people you love around you. That's how my mom and Janie would want it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so very welcome!

You are also so very right, if you can't greet the day with a smile on your face, what's the sense of getting out of bed in the first place!?

Sorry I have been out of touch. We were in Spokane for an extended weekend.

Liam turns 1 tomorrow! Can you believe it?

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a WONDERFUL weekend! No, I cannot believe the sweetest baby boy ever is going to be a whole year old! Unbelievable. Please give him extra kisses from me!

And this morning, the java was enjoyed from the blue mug. Delish!