Monday, May 26, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Suburban Euphoria

This was my day to do with as I pleased. No commitments, just a full 24 hours stretched before me. I slept late, treated myself to breakfast in bed, (mmm, scones!) watched a little television, did a little work on a freelance project I'm working on, went outside and laid in the grass (because the weather was way nicer than the forecast said it was going to be) and finally got dressed at around 4, at which time I did a little grocery shopping and made myself a fabulous dinner. (Pasta, sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus ... I am a god-like chef.)

My indulgence of the day was a trip to the movies with none other than Cute Brian. We went to see "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." So much fun, I can't really tell ya. It just worked. No, Harrison Ford is not to old to pull it off. And seeing Marion again was worth the price of admission. Plus, that damn Shia LaBeouf made me nostalgic over River Phoenix. What a perfect addition to the ensemble.

After the movie, we walked out of the theater and just breathed in the air. It was that early summer air that smells like rain is just beyond the horizon. We took a little walk around the complex, just enjoying the night. Brian had a rough day - he was supposed to be at a barbecue in Kenosha, but car trouble mandated that his plans be altered. His misfortune became my good luck, but I still felt bad that his plans imploded. So imagine how good it felt to hear him say, "ya know, this has turned into a good day."

I love that sometimes I can be a part of someone's good day. I love that sometimes just showing up is all you have to do to start erasing the crap. I love that I have friends I can do that for, who also do it for me.

And while I'm on the subject of stuff I love, I love that the windows are open and the rain is falling. I love that it held off until I got home. I love driving with the windows down, feeling the wind in my hair and smelling summer.

It may not be perfect, but I love my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog after you've had a good day.

And I love that you're so wrong about Shia LaDoof.

Anonymous said...

So you're not a fan of the blog when I've had a bad day?

And he's perfect. How can you be so amazingly talented, so sweet, and yet so wrong?

Anonymous said...

I like the blog when you've had a bad day, makes my bad day pale in comparison... ::gigglesnort::

No seriously, the "good day" blogs are the norm now and I like that. I also like that you let us into the "bad days" too, and then let us help you pull out of them again.

It's what we do.

It's how we roll.