Thursday, July 17, 2008

In the movie of your life ...

... who plays you?

That's one of my favorite party questions. It makes people think, and it's fun to see how people see themselves, who they think can capture their essence.

And then you have a week that feels like it was pulled straight out of a great film. Let's call it "Our Lake House." As the "film" unfolds, you realize that the only person who can play you is you. The characters can only be played by themselves ... and what characters they are!

Just look at that picture. Can you not feel the connection? The love? The laughter? There isn't an actor alive who could have carried it off. This was taken during one of our nights on the beach, where we (and by "we" I mean the boys) built a fire and roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores with a side of sand.

This is us. This is family. This is who we are. And yes, this is who I am.

In the movie of my life, I play me. You play you. It's a hit, I tell ya. Five stars from this critic.

No comments: