Monday, July 28, 2008

Smooching my hind quarter

The other day, a "friend" of mine made a comment that hurt my feelings. Everyone knows that I can be a little sensitive, especially when it comes to my looks. I'm fragile there. I still feel a pang when I think of my sister telling me, at about age 17, that I was the best accessory she could take with her anywhere, because I was so ugly I made her look really pretty.

Stuff like that plays over and over in my mind. So imagine hearing a similar comment from someone who is supposed to love me ... yeah, ouch.

But here's the reality, that hit me tonight mid-workout:

I may never be the prettiest girl in the room. I may never be one of the to 20 prettiest girls in the room. But put me next to the guy who insulted me, and I bet I can outrun the SOB. Bet I can kick his ass. Bet my body, as out of shape it is at the moment, is still in better shape than his.

So there, butt munch. Here is my ass. The smaller version. Getting smaller every day.

Kiss it.

2 comments:

jpb2525 said...

who was it??? I'll kick his ass!

Anonymous said...

No need for ass kickage, dearest John. He's been put in his place.

But I love that you would. And with the shape you've gotten into of late, you could so kick anyone's ass! Love you!