Sunday, October 5, 2008

Time well spent

It's an overcast Sunday afternoon in Maggie's World, and I'm really quite okay with that. It's been a weekend full of love and people who share it willingly, and I'm gonna spend the rest of this day relaxing with myself and my two furry roommates.

Friday night my friend Diane came over. We were going to knit and relax and catch up with each other, and we only got to two of those things. We talk a lot; no time to knit! We talked into the wee hours of the morning, and it was time to go to bed. I gave my room over to my guest, Di being seven months pregnant and all. I think she was much more comfortable in my nest than she would have been on the pull-out twin sleeper! Saturday dawned far too early, and we headed to IHOP for breakfast before she had to return to her husband and two little ones. I miss her already, so I guess that means I'll be going into Chicago before too long to see her again.

I spent Saturday with my dad, taking his old computer to the Geeks to see if it could be fixed (um, no) and setting up his relatively new laptop so he could surf the 'net and decide whether or not to buy a new computer. I did my laundry at Dad's house and visited with him and the rest of the family. Jenn brought me a "shitslew" of candles, so my house smells sooooo yummy, and we just had a great time visiting with each other. Sometimes I get the feeling my family doesn't "get" me, or even like me very much. Yesterday was not one of those days.

This morning, I met Cute Brian for breakfast. We were both bleary-eyed and in desperate need of coffee, and we spent a few hours just talking and relaxing and getting sufficiently caffeinated. I miss him when we're too busy to spend time with each other, especially since last week we sorta had harsh words. Well, I had harsh words, followed by some hanging up. But with real friends, the harsh words don't matter nearly as much as the apology, and the apology doesn't matter nearly as much as the genuine love for one another.

The only thing that kinda sucks right now is that John from the Gym is feeling under the weather. Like way under the weather. In a different zip code from the weather. We chat on the phone and do the IM thing, but dammit, I miss him. Being healthy isn't nearly as much fun without him.

But for today, I'm just gonna hole up here at home, cuddle with the cats, watch some movies and relax, knowing that I'm pretty damn lucky.

2 comments:

jpb2525 said...

John from the gym..? Is that like Jenny from the block?
Slowly on the mend...thanks for the conversation. I really do love you The Maggie (I think I have a new nick for you too)...You helped me get through this evening!

Anonymous said...

Is a "shitslew" more or less than 50? LUV YA!