Friday, March 21, 2008

Huh?

I was talking to one of the trainers at the gym last night, and we were discussing music to listen to while working out. I mentioned that I really got into The Who on the elliptical or on the treadmill, and that "Baba O'Riley" is one of the ass-kickin'est songs ever. And he said:

"What song?"

He had not clue what I was talking about. He knew the band, but in reality, he was clueless. Cute, but clueless.

Don't cry. Don't raise your eyes. It's only teenage wasteland.

And Rice? No fair making an old-age joke. A) I set it up so well, it would almost be like cheating and B) I don't care how old you are, this is one of the greatest rock songs EVER and if you don't know it because you're a musical lunkhead, you should have seen the opening of at least one episode of CSI:NY.

Kids these days, I tell ya ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have nothing to add except - I hate CSI.

Anonymous said...

The thing about Life with Rice is, you don't even have to live near the clan to suffer the indignity and simultaneously bask in the glow of the love.

Dig.

Anonymous said...

Um, Gary Sinise rocks the world and um, teenage wasteland proves that.

So there.