Monday, October 1, 2007

My mom and Elvis

My mom and Elvis have a lot in common. For one thing, they're both dead. For another, they both had a jungle room in their house.

No, wait...that was just Elvis.

So my mom and Elvis just have that one thing in common. But still ...

Mom is probably jumping for joy and looking for someone to hit at the same time. On the one hand, her Cubs are in the playoffs. I can't think of the men in blue without thinking of my mom. The day before she died, we were on the phone together during the game. (During that conversation, she had a horrible headache, which turned out to be a brain tumor that took her off the air in a matter of hours, so I guess it could be said that the Cubs killed my mom.) Anyhoo, the woman is certainly doing the dance of joy over her Cubs, and simultaneously plotting Lovie Smith's demise because the Bears really suck. But I'm not going to complain. It's October, and I'm still watching the Cubs. Life is good.

No comments: