Anyhoo, it's been a helluva week. Between Dale diagnosing himself with pneumonia (although I can't seem to recall his graduation from medical school) and subsequently threatening to drown in a pool of his own phlegm to learning that Dad's bowel obstruction is nothing much to worry about to realizing that all men really are stupid, that's not just a rumor ... well, I've had a lot going on, and anything I might write would probably come off sounding bitter and cold.
So here's the big update from Maggie's World:
- Dale is still alive, as far as I know. This is due mostly to the fact that I don't live close enough to beat him to death on a whim.
- Brian has been working a lot. This has not worked well with my schedule, as I have needed to vent and he's not taking my calls.
- Boys suck, and not in a good way. The sonsofbitches need to realize that women's intuition is not an old wive's tale. We know stuff. And one of the things we know is that you don't deserve us, anyway.
- Dad is perfectly healthy, except for the leukemia, diverticulitis and ulcers.
- Friends don't want you to hurt. Sometimes they try to fix it, sometimes they don't understand it, but all the time they want the hurt to go away. And sometimes, ya just gotta feel it before you can get over it.
- I have the self-esteem of a gnat. It's been a bad week, one of those can't-get-out-of-bed, please-don't-look-at-me weeks. And yet, I keep getting out of bed. And people keep looking at me. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!