Saturday, February 16, 2008

Vacation, six weeks later, final installment

We have a tradition of taking it easy on the last day of vacation. We'll either go shopping, to the spa, or do a little fun recreation. This time, we rented a boat.

Captain Glenn drove the SS Dammitvacationsover through the Sasscagoula River, from Downtown Disney past our resort, Saratoga Springs, and all the way to Port Orleans. Along the way, we past beautiful scenery around every turn.

Captain Glenn at the controls.

The view up river. Isn't it just beautiful?


Here, we are passing one of my favorite resorts, Old Key West. I love the way you can almost feel the sun in this photo.

The Treehouse Villas used to be available for guest accomodations. I have always wanted to stay there and tap into my inner Peter Pan, but alas, they are no longer open to real people. Now, these awesome homes are used for temporary employee housing. I could always get a job there, I suppose ...

The Princess takes a tan.

Aunt Princess with Alex. We're squeezing the last bits of fun out of our trip.

We took a limo home. I love this picture, because Kathie has let her guard down and is just laughing like a real person. When she's not the Princess, her real beauty shows. Notice, though, the perfect crease in her jeans.

It was hard to come home - we had such a good time together. Sure, there were moments that were rough. I can't really look at the Polynesian Resort, because that's where Christopher and I got married. Kathie's inability to accept me as I am got a little old after awhile. But all in all, I brought home great memories of my family. Coming back was HARD!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Heheheheheheheheh. Still anal.

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your captions almost as much as I enjoyed the pictures...

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your captions almost as much as I enjoyed the pictures...

Anonymous said...

Apparently, A LOT!

Anonymous said...

That's okay, anon ... we all get carried away sometimes. ;)