Sunday, April 27, 2008

Can't fix it

Sometimes, even being the best daughter, sister, friend, aunt or combination of all the above isn't enough to fix stuff.

Being the best daughter doesn't make Dad's heart any lighter when he's missing mom. Being the best friend can't allow me to be in four places at once, like I wanted to be this weekend. Being the best aunt doesn't mean I can heal the hurts of the young people who fill my soul with fulfillment even while they cope with a world of issues. Being the best sister doesn't keep me from sometimes saying the wrong thing, or the right thing in the wrong way, or from not saying what needs to be said.

Sometimes, it has to be enough to want to be able to do those things. Sometimes, everything I have won't fix it, and I can only hope it helps to know that I care, and that I would make everything right if I could.

Sometimes, you just have to keep slogging through life like you're swimming in chocolate pudding. And if that's the case, I recommend doing it with your mouth open.

No comments: