Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dinner, 33% better

Tonight, I had a most delightful dinner. My post-dinner activities weren't quite so hunky-dorey, but dinner?

Perfection.

Patrick and I walked down to Fuego, just a few blocks from Chez Mags. Fuego was participating in Dining Out for Life, an annual night of awareness during which restaurants donate a portion of their profits to AIDS research. 33 percent, to be exact.

We enjoyed our food about 33 percent more than usual.

The margarita? Fantastic. The guacamole, prepared tableside? Breathtaking. And I completely enjoyed Camarones a la Diabla - shrimp as big as my head, sauteed with peppers and spices and lots of love. Seriously, ohmyfreakingod.

After dinner, we walked to Jewel (I needed kitty litter and vinegar) and on the way home, we took a path that led nowhere. We wound our way home via the scenic route, and it was like finding a secret garden.

And then, I got home. I poured the vinegar combined with water into my coffee maker, because it has been making crap coffee lately. Then I went about my other chores.

Let me just say, it's a damn good thing I had enjoyed a margarita earlier, otherwise I probably would've flipped out when I realized the coffee maker was spewing a coffee douche all over my kitchen.

I forgot to put in the filter holder thingy, so it didn't know to put the liquid into the pot. Instead, it ended up in the cat dishes, on my antique juicer collection, and over the entire kitchen floor. Plus, it smelled like a deli direct from hell.

But it's clean now. And even the burps from dinner are delicious, so you'll get no complaints from me.

No comments: