Monday, November 12, 2007

another manic monday

Today was just plain nuts. Waited all day for the cable guy. We had an appointment between 8 a.m. and noon.

They arrived at 3:08, and actually made it into Chez Mags at 3:32.

But I have a phone, and high-speed Web access, and more than one channel on television, so I shouldn't complain.

After a long weekend away, it was kind of nice to have an unexpected day at home. And just now I realized that I won't have another full work week until December, because we have Thanksgiving next week, and I'm taking November 30 off because Kaylee's first birthday is a national holiday (and you're all invited to come over that night and help us decorate Kaylee's First Birthday Tree, which looks suspiciously like my Christmas tree.)

So anyhoo, I'll be back in the swing of my usual routine tomorrow, but for the moment I'm feeling pretty good. It's been a long time since my home was wired as if it's the year 2007. I've had to crawl back from what seemed for awhile like it was going to be a constant state of poverty, and while I'm still a long way off, I'm going to enjoy the moment.

No comments: