Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's part of my charm, right?

I've reached that point where I don't realize the obvious.

I looked at least somewhat cute today. I was sporting a black denim pencil skirt (which fits like it was made for me and let's face it ... last year this time, I could barely say the words "pencil skirt," much less fit into one) a white tank top and a cute black cardigan. The best part, though, was the shoes. Black Mary Janes, with three-inch heels. I looked like me, only better.

So I go about my day, being cute. I leave work, drive to the gym, walk in and stop at the cafe to get a bottle of water for the workout. In the cafe I run into the girl who usually checks me in at the front desk. I don't know her name, but I know her, ya know? Anyway, she looks very cute today, too. She's not wearing the usual athletic clothes, so she looks different. And of course, I have to say something. So I say, "You look too pretty for your own good!" She smiles, says thanks, and goes back to her conversation with a group of guys. At which point, one of them looks at me and says, "You're looking pretty great yourself," and I barely catch it. Because everything is funny in Maggie's World, I remark that of course I look good, I showered, and ha ha ha aren't I funny.

It was about 15 minutes later that I realized there's a high degree of likelihood that he was flirting with me. Yeah, I'm pretty charming, huh?

I have it on good authority that I am capable of flirting, and accepting flirtation in return. Despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna try and believe it.

In other news, I talked to Mike today. He hates my picture on Twitter; says I look like my tonsils hurt and I have to pee. Aren't brothers fun? But the best part was hearing Kaylee say "I love you Maggie" three times in the background. The girl makes my heart melt.

No comments: