Monday, August 25, 2008

Well, carp

I really meant crap, but it's much more fun to transpose the letters.

Holy carp! You're full of carp. I feel like carp on a stick.

See what I mean?

Anyway, the reason for the load of carp this evening is ... Hunky Gym Guy is engaged. (No, John, not you; you're the gay side of unavailable.)

That sucks. I had made up my mind that in 20 pounds, I was gonna ask him for coffee. Alas, he's sharing coffee with someone else. So I suppose I should amend my earlier comment - all the good ones are either married, gay or both ... or engaged.

Heavy sigh.

This is where I remind myself that I really like my solitary life, that I'm really not interested in dating, and that I'm honestly better off this way.

So far, it's working about as well as nailing Jell-O to a tree, but I have hope. And a lot of nails.

No comments: