Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

It's been a weird week. I Twittered earlier in the week that "Today's been a roller coaster ... up, down, curve, scream, pray it's over, get back on." And it's really been a full week like that.

But I keep getting back on, because the ride's pretty keen.

Ten thoughts from this week:
  1. The majority of all disappointment in life is the result of unrealistic expectations. That being said, the majority of all expectations in life are unrealistic.
  2. You cannot Jedi mind-trick yourself out of a crap assignment at work. Nor can you get additional time in which to complete the crap assignment by hopping in a Delorean and looking for Christopher Lloyd.
  3. I'm pretty convinced Josie, one of my cats, is on her way out. She's old, and she's had this crazy hump-back tumor thing for about 18 months, and she doesn't eat and did I mention she's old? I'm coping pretty well, though. I will miss her, but she's not connected to my heart the same way Benld is. I have to admit, though, lately it's been extra sweet to hold her and just let her purr. And yes, we're seeing the vet on Thursday, just to make sure she's not in pain.
  4. I need some new yarn. It's almost knitting season.
  5. It's only Tuesday, but I'm already looking forward to the weekend. I get to spend Saturday with three different parts of my family - lunch and early afternoon with Bex, Matt & Alice, late afternoon and church with my biological dad, brother and an assorted sister or two, and the evening celebrating Mom & Dad Farbo's 50th wedding anniversary. Following the party, I'm heading up to Lake Geneva to catch part of Hello Dave's show at Venetian Fest, and then spending Sunday with my Wisconsin family. And I get to see fireworks. My first fireworks since becoming single again. Yes, I'll probably cry.
  6. The smell of brownies makes Chez Mags feel perfect. The fact that I can eat one and take the rest to work makes all the difference in my butt.
  7. I love my library. I love it so much I'd like to move in there. They won't let me; I asked. They have 10,000 titles on DVD, free rental for a week. They have every book known to man, sometimes two or three copies. Plus, it's pretty.
  8. I am fortunate to know a great number of terrific men. Which is a good thing, because if I did not have such evidence to the contrary, I would be rather certain they were all stupid lumps of poop. My delightful, handsome readers excluded, of course.
  9. I'm not sure why, but I'm having several kinds of difficulty getting behind this whole birthday thing this year. Don't get me wrong, there will be celebration, but now and then they hit me out of the blue and knock me flat. The last time that happened, it was when I turned 25. For some reason, 42 seems to be hitting me the same way. I prefer to think that this is because I am still as youthful as I was at 25, but I'm pretty sure it's because I've aged more in the past year than I have in my entire adult life.
  10. I need a new headboard. I am completely done with sleeping in the bed he picked out. Dunno whether it'll come from Craigslist, Ikea, Crate & Barrel or stolen from a model home, but it's gonna happen.
That's it, that's my ten. Like I said, it's been quite a week; I could probably go for 20. But I gotta save something for the slow weeks, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are the answer to life, the universe, and everything this year!

You should have a bathrobe/towel party!!!

And, well, you are pretty amazing no matter what the birth certificate says. Sometimes you need the wisdom that comes with the aging process...and you got yours in spades this year, chica.

Happy 42 planning! :)