Saturday, September 20, 2008

A new sense of calm

Believe it or not, Kelly was the voice of reason.

She talked me down off my ledge, and I am now convinced that I do not, in fact, have to lose my mind this week. I can make it work until Wednesday, at which point I will either relocate the kitties, or ask a friend in the building to look after them. The workmen agreed to leave The Boys in one room and do the windows in the others, and then switch as needed. This will work. This allows me one less meltdown this week.

Whew.

Spent last night and all day today with my dad, brother and sisters. Actually my brother was out with his friends most of the day, believe it or not. Chrisann and John took him to Arlington Park, just a few miles from where I live, to the horse races. Yeah, my bro has more of a social life than I do! But I got to hang with the fam, and it was truly wonderful. I admit, it is hard to watch my dad go through the pain of healing from knee replacement surgery, but he is coming through like such a champ, and he looks wonderful! My dad is my hero, this combination of bulldog and teddy bear that simply cannot be denied. It was so awesome for all of us to be together, I miss them tonight.

My place feels a little empty. Why don't you come visit?

No comments: