Thursday, September 18, 2008

Overwhelmed

There's just a little too much going on in my life right now.

I'm spending the weekend with my dad, who had surgery a few weeks ago. I haven't seen him since then, so some quality time with Dad is really just what the doctor ordered.

Which would honestly be fine, except that the cats and I have to move in with my ex-mother-in-law on Sunday night. My landlord is putting new windows in the building, and I can't have the cats here while that's happening. That'll be a week-long project, and rather than board them, we're both going somewhere where we can find a lil love.

So I'll be enjoying an 80-mile roundtrip to and from work each day, which ... well, I'm poor anyway. Gas next week is gonna kill me, but this is what you do for your critters, right? That is, if they every forgive me for taking them for an R-I-D-E.

Which would be all well and good, were it not for the fact that next Wednesday is the Roger Clyne concert, and I have been looking forward to Wednesday - Saturday in Wisconsin for a few weeks. Roger, then tamale fest at Dale's, then apple picking on Saturday. So thank heaven for Marge (the M.I.L.) for taking care of The Boys for me while I have my weekend away.

I hope we all get through the next 10 days relatively unscathed. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

jpb2525 said...

I so miss you The Maggie! You are so special to me! Sorry bout the drive - that sux.