Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten on Tuesday - Exciting #11 just added!

  1. My fellow bloggers are loafing; I'm the only one who has kept up with Ten on Tuesday! But I love them, so I will cut them a little slack from up here, high atop my pedestal.
  2. It's happening again! Last year, for I think the first time ever, I embraced the change of seasons from summer to fall. This year, I'm having that warm-inside feeling as the heat of summer gives way to the crisp fall air. Maybe it's because I have friends who like to do stuff in the fall, like pick apples and go to Fright Fest (what are YOU doing on November 1?) Maybe it's because I'm no longer influenced by a roommate who was miserable six months of every year. But I honestly think it has more to do with the fact that I'm just becoming a happier, more content person every day, no matter what the weather is. Incidentally, today's blue sky looks like it was picked right from the Crayola box of 64.
  3. I can bake pie! I will prove it to you!
  4. Taking a few days off last week was a delicious treat. Sometimes it just feels good to shake up life a little bit! But, it did mean missing my workouts for a full week. I'm feeling sluggish and lazy ... must hop right back into the routine tonight!
  5. Tina Fey is my idol. I love her. I want to have coffee with her. And frankly, I think my foreign policy background is pretty strong, too, what with Illinois bordering on Wisconsin, which we all know is practically Canada.
  6. Speaking of Canada, say a little prayer for my dear friend Janie and her family. Janie's from Almost Canada, and as last week's Ten on Tuesday explained, she lost her dad not too long ago, and could use a little extra love. And while you're at it, if you're lucky enough to have a parent or grandparent still with you, take a moment today and tell them how much you love them. You just never know.
  7. Sometimes I wonder if I'm destined to be alone. Sometimes that makes me sad. Then, sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the bed with a fat cat on one side and a skinny one sleeping on the small of my back and I wonder why on earth I would want to allow another person to invade that happiness. Unless he's okay with bringing me coffee in bed, there's really no point. I realize that makes me sound a little bit like the crazy cat lady, and I don't give a damn.
  8. I'm just putting this out to the universe, but I swear to God if Ryan Carlson doesn't send me his mailing address, I am going to walk the streets of Champaign on October 21 shouting his name and claiming to be his long-lost half-sister who only recently got released from prison. And that's just the beginning of how embarrassing I can be. Don't believe me? Ask around.
  9. The new windows are just beautiful. Sure, part of that is because they are clean, but really ... they make a huge difference! They put beautiful molding around them, too, painted my favorite - glossy white. It really works to expand the view. You should come see!
  10. I love my job. I feel fortunate to be working for a company that is continuing to grow, albeit slowly, at a time when many industries seem to be either leveling off or cutting back. The work is fun (mostly,) the people are a hoot, the discount is great and they pay me. Seems like a pretty good gig, as far as I'm concerned.
  11. Seriously, a vote for McCain is a vote for a couple of cheese doodles. I don't generally wax political on the blog, but I just can't help myself. Check out the latest Katie Couric interview: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/palin-couric-mc.html

No comments: